Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Now I Am Forever on the New Jersey Wind (Read 318 times)
duetsdove
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Ex Member

Re: no bries to knight...
Reply #11 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Just_Daniel wrote on Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am:
Well, you've inspired another riposte, Rene.  I'm not sure of the quality of this one, but at least it's in the genre I'm trying to foster this month: tanka... maybe ?

no bries to knight

from trundled sofa
still feel commuters training;
idyllic wind chimes
wringing out through fish-shaped holes
re-stationing scattered chads

I bit the Apple;
now I’m driven away
to my own garden
chez my silent rabbit hole,
drag on with a Cheshire smile

© MLee Dickens'son 01 May 2007

spinning off Lightly, Daniel  8)

Daniel -- you know how happy I always am to inspire. . . 

she says with a Cheshire grin of her own. . .as she filters out from the thread. . .leaving. . .just. . .

the

*smile*

behind.   Grin

~Ren~

IP Logged

duetsdove
Ex Member

Re: Now I Am Forever on the New Jersey Wind
Reply #10 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
jgdittier wrote on Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am:
Dear duetsdove,
Interesting that Dan senses your composing "Now I AM..." and my sensing that it's wwitten as if in a moment of unrestrained feelings, the images as they came to you being directly transcribed to words with no composing at all. 
I just sense a refreshing naturalness with this one as if done by a paranormal means.
Cheers,    Ron   jgd

as if done by paranormal means. . .yes. . .I totally understand that. . .

it's how I write best I feel. . .in natural flow with the stream of thoughts. . .wherever they come from. . .

Thanks.

~Ren~

IP Logged

duetsdove
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
nas wrote on Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am:
Hi Ren

I've copies what I said in CA - too tired to think of something new to say, though I may come back again.

I love the picture you paint of the commuter train always running.  I had to look up chad as I'd never heard the word.

lolol  A chad has become very well-known in America. . .not my son Chad. . .but the hanging chads in Florida. . .politics. . .eeee gads.  lolol

I get a sense of the importance of the railway line.  As has been said about the London underground, the various lines are like arteries tansporting commuters (oxygen)  to the heart - central NYC.  If the train stopped, the heart would cease pumping.

An excellent way to put it!

I like the link to Alice in Wonderland - all those different people intertwined.

A motely crew. . .the Alice in Wonderland crew. . .but very "linked"  *smile*

Somehow as you return to your home for a while there is a feeling of disconnection till you settle back into your normal life.  But a part of you is still there.

And always will be. . .yes.  Thanks.[/b]

IP Logged

duetsdove
Ex Member

Re: Wistful memories continue...
Reply #8 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Just_Daniel wrote on Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am:
Such a wonderful description of the train station setting there at Norm and Vicki's place, Ren!  Really masterfully written!  You capture the experience and the mixing and leaving behind and taking forward of pieces of lives into other places... and the memory and spectre of continuing to do the same ad infinitum.

Thanks Daniel. . .happy that you are part of the "group" being taken along. . .always. . .somewhere. . .in a memory. . .joyfully so!

And the parenthesis is wonderfully placed as well.  How nice it is to live within the words of a poem so!

Thanks. . .for liking the parenthesis. . .we all live within the words of this poem. . .intricately so.

Love in Light, Daniel  8)

IP Logged

duetsdove
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Normpo wrote on Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am:
Note: I felt I had to also post my reflections on this here (already put this in CA) --

"Rene, 

Ohhh -- your description of the "NJT Train Experience" is so well ointed (chads and all). That will be forever a remarkable nostalhia stanza for all of us on retreat, I think.  And unlike thos efalling chads on the train corridor floor, the rest of our mutual tickets are sure interwtined in ways few will ever understand. 

Thanks for drawing me back into those moments that will not leave any of us for sure...from this or any other place, now or ever. 

Norm "

You're welcome. . .for the drawing back into. . .and I am glad that Vicki likes this poem.  .  .too. . .

I can still "feel". . .sitting on the sofa. . .and listening to the trains go by.

~Ren~

IP Logged

Just_Daniel
Ex Member

Slow down; things will
go faster. ~ djr

no bries to knight...
Reply #6 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Well, you've inspired another riposte, Rene.  I'm not sure of the quality of this one, but at least it's in the genre I'm trying to foster this month: tanka... maybe ?

no bries to knight

from trundled sofa
still feel commuters training;
idyllic wind chimes
wringing out through fish-shaped holes
re-stationing scattered chads

I bit the Apple;
now I’m driven away
to my own garden
chez my silent rabbit hole,
drag on with a Cheshire smile

© MLee Dickens'son 01 May 2007

spinning off Lightly, Daniel  8)

IP Logged

Normpo
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
I agree with Ron --- done on a paraNORMal level --- Ha!

Norm

IP Logged

jgdittier
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Dear duetsdove,
Interesting that Dan senses your composing "Now I AM..." and my sensing that it's wwitten as if in a moment of unrestrained feelings, the images as they came to you being directly transcribed to words with no composing at all. 
I just sense a refreshing naturalness with this one as if done by a paranormal means.
Cheers,    Ron   jgd

IP Logged

nas
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Hi Ren

I've copies what I said in CA - too tired to think of something new to say, though I may come back again.

I love the picture you paint of the commuter train always running.  I had to look up chad as I'd never heard the word.

I get a sense of the importance of the railway line.  As has been said about the London underground, the various lines are like arteries tansporting commuters (oxygen)  to the heart - central NYC.  If the train stopped, the heart would cease pumping.

I like the link to Alice in Wonderland - all those different people intertwined.

Somehow as you return to your home for a while there is a feeling of disconnection till you settle back into your normal life.  But a part of you is still there.

IP Logged

Just_Daniel
Ex Member

Slow down; things will
go faster. ~ djr

Wistful memories continue...
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Such a wonderful description of the train station setting there at Norm and Vicki's place, Ren!  Really masterfully written!  You capture the experience and the mixing and leaving behind and taking forward of pieces of lives into other places... and the memory and spectre of continuing to do the same ad infinitum.

And the parenthesis is wonderfully placed as well.  How nice it is to live within the words of a poem so!

Love in Light, Daniel  8)

IP Logged

Normpo
Forum Administrator

Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Note: I felt I had to also post my reflections on this here (already put this in CA) --

"Rene, 

Ohhh -- your description of the "NJT Train Experience" is so well pointed (chads and all). That will be forever a remarkable stanza for all of us on retreat, I think.  And unlike those falling chads on the train corridor floor, the rest of our mutual tickets are sure intertwined in ways few will ever understand. 

Thanks for drawing me back into those moments that will not leave any of us for sure...from this or any other place, now or ever. 

Norm "
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2023 at 8:36pm by Normpo »  

IP Logged

duetsdove
Ex Member

Now I Am Forever on the New Jersey Wind
Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am
Print Post  
This morning when I woke
there was no train trundling by
with its round-faced conductor
punching fish-shaped chads onto the floor
leaving a carpet,
pieces of which stick on the bottom of shoes
to be carried then scattered
from station to station,

my life intertwined with his life,
with her life.

This morning when I woke,
there were no soft sounds of an idyllic life
lived on the edge yet right in the center.

(Did you know how still I lay,
afraid to disturb the normal vibrations of movement.)

Tonight I cannot sit on the sofa,
a mystic breeze light upon my hair
and listen to the commuters
step away from the business of bustle
into the business of letting down,
some of them Alice,
some of them the Queen of Hearts
or the Cheshire cat,
and some of them always. . .the White Rabbit.

But again tonight, like last night,
when I curl within my silent neighborhood,
they will know that I am here,
nothing will be missing, nothing will be out of sync --

all the while hearing the horn of the train
as its ghost stops
on the platform of my thoughts
and gathers a spectre of me
into another place.

~Rene~ Schwiesow
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 1970 at 12:00am by »  

IP Logged